We released more product updates in 2022 than any other year in the company’s history. Each of these several hundred releases helps your team unlock deeper insights into user behavior across the customer journey, and strengthen the data foundation upon which they build analyses.
Here are the highlights.
Accelerate growth with better insights and experiments
Businesses grow by deeply understanding their buyers and driving desired customer behaviors. New features in Analytics, our #1 product analytics solution, and Experiment, our A/B testing tool, help your team do exactly that.
Identify your high-performing programs with Campaign Reporting in Analytics
Invest in channels that work and optimize your campaigns. New campaign reporting tools help your team prove campaign return on investment, understand revenue drivers, and build better strategies for efficient growth. Here’s what’s new:
- Acquisition Channels – Understand which digital campaigns and channels convert new leads, signups, and subscribers in your product.
- Multi-touch attribution – Understand which acquisition strategies work best for your product and how channels work together to impact product metrics.
- Ad-Network Integrations – Unlock new insights into overall ad campaign performance and return on investment, such as the cost of acquiring new customers via paid ad channels.
Deeply understand customer purchase behavior with Cart Analysis in Analytics
Better understand customer purchase behavior to improve monetization, identify high-value customers, and launch campaigns that increase loyalty and retention–without a specialized data analyst or third-party tool. New Cart Analysis is available natively inside the Amplitude platform so your team can self-serve ecommerce insights.
Here’s what Alex Clark, ecommerce and growth lead at Fender, says about the new feature:
“Cart Analysis is a game changer for us and unlocks all types of insights that would have required analyst time in other systems. We can now quickly answer in-depth questions including funnel conversions for different product types, distribution of products sold by price point, comparison of top products by categories, and more. We’ve already begun charting out site optimizations that will drive incremental growth for the business.”
Do more with cohorts in fewer clicks in Analytics
A cohort is a group of users who share a common characteristic or trait. You can use cohorts to understand how product engagement impacts revenue, conversion, retention, and other important business metrics.
To see the power of cohorts in action, read how Jumbo Interactive boosted conversions by 158% with personalized recommendations powered by cohorts.
New features in Analytics make more advanced analysis possible for your team while streamlining the cohort creation process. Here’s what’s new:
- Predictive cohort model updates – Enjoy improved accuracy and quality of predictive cohorts based on an updated machine-learning model.
- Interactive cohort preview – Confirm the quality and accuracy of your cohort definitions with a dynamic view into membership.
- Sequential cohorts – Discover new, high-value groups of customers faster by creating funnel-based cohorts without needing to start from an existing funnel chart.
Drive efficiency by working from a strong data foundation and consolidating tools
In a data-driven product organization, lack of alignment around definitions or concerns about the validity of data and experiments can slow growth to a stop.
New features in Amplitude Data, a data management hub, Analytics, and Experiment help your team feel confident in your data foundation.
Meet new Amplitude Data, a central hub for data management
Amplitude Data combines Govern, Sources, and Destinations with new planning and data observability features. A new landing page shows your team value-driven insights about how your data is managed within Amplitude. In addition to building trust, this new experience enhances your team’s ability to plan and collaborate on your data. Here’s what’s new:
- Plan events and properties directly in Amplitude. This gives your team an always up-to-date tracking plan so they can leave outdated spreadsheets and one-off Confluence pages behind.
- Improve trust in the quality of your data with observability features that let your team monitor incoming data and immediately identify issues.
- Collaborate more easily with branches. Branches give you a working copy of your tracking plan you can develop with your team without sending around multiple versions of a spreadsheet. Commenting and Slack notifications are also supported so you stay up-to-date on progress.
More than 70% of Amplitude customers are already on this new and improved experience with more customers being migrated each week. Keep an eye out for your invitation email to move to Amplitude Data over the next few weeks.
Use behavioral data from Amplitude to power customer experiences across your other apps
Last summer, we launched the Integration Portal to expand the tooling necessary for our technology partners to build, modify, and maintain their Amplitude integration. For customers and builders, this meant investing in more ways to bring relevant data into Amplitude and act on insights generated in the platform.
The Integration Portal enables Amplitude technology partners and our team to scale the growing number of data connections available to our customers. In the fall, we launched support for our partners to build event streaming connectors using the Integration portal.
Increasingly our technology partners are using the new portal to power better customer experiences. Read how Statsig used the Integration Portal to decrease time to value for their customers.
Create trust in your data with verified metrics in Analytics
The new Object Management Center provides teams a central hub for managing analysis objects; reusable building blocks for analysis including custom events, metrics, segments, and cohorts. Reduce clutter in your Amplitude instance by keeping duplicate objects from proliferating in the system.
With new Metrics, project administrators can create and save reusable Metrics in Amplitude to standardize analysis. Now everyone on your team can trust that they’re using verified metrics for their analysis.
Support global teams in confidently running tests in Amplitude Experiment
Last quarter we made Amplitude Experiment available in our EU Data Center. Customers in the EU can now easily align their experimentation program with local data privacy standards. By combining EU Data Center availability with enterprise-ready security certifications like ISO 27001 and SOC 2 Type II, EU-based Experiment customers can feel confident that their customers’ data is fully protected and adheres to local regulations.
Enhancements in Experiment also help guide your team to test new product experiences that really move the needle and act faster. Here’s what’s new:
- In the planning phase, your team can now define their experiment type as a hypothesis test or a Do No Harm test to align with the purpose of each experiment.
- They’ll also see sample size estimates and other information to help your team identify tests that might not reach statistical significance, providing teams an opportunity to make a decision about what to do next, faster.
- The new Amplitude Experiment homepage gives your team an at-a-glance overview about every experiment so they don’t have to dig for lifecycle updates for every experiment.
Start driving more efficient product growth today
Help your team get started using these new features by sharing the following resources:
- Campaign Reporting in Analytics
- Cart Analysis in Analytics
- Cohorts in Analytics – Sequential cohorts, Interactive cohorts
- Amplitude Data
- Event Streaming Destination Portal
- Object Management System in Analytics
- Amplitude Experiment
Encourage your team to subscribe to Product Updates in the Amplitude Community for monthly product release updates that keep them up to speed.
Interested in trying Amplitude for yourself? Try the demo for free.